Every caring parent who wonders what happens with their kid when the lights go out has two choices: Either stay with their kid all through or install a video monitor to keep watch of their child when their eyes cannot be there in person.
A mounted baby video monitor may beam live video from your kid’s room to your Smartphone, a handheld viewer or even both.
Technology has increasingly advanced in the world of baby video monitors.
You can now hook up some baby monitors to your house Wi-Fi and monitor your kid from an application on your tablet or phone.
5 Best Baby Monitors Comparison
|Gadget Name||Screen Size||Range||Price||Check Price !|
Infant Optics DXR-8
(4.3 / 5)
Hello Baby Wireless
(4 / 5)
Video Baby Monitor
(3.6 / 5)
Summer Infant In
(3.8 / 5)
(3.5 / 5)
Do You Really Need A Baby Video Monitor?
If you spend your night in the same room as your kid or live in a small enough home where you can always see or hear what your kid is up to, you may not require a baby video monitor. Otherwise, a vast majority of parents enjoy the convenience and reliability a baby video monitor offers.Instead of the need to constantly check on your kid or stay close to the nursery always, you get the freedom to move around your home or even take a rest. You also get enough time to get your chores done during your baby’s down time.
What You Need To Consider Before Buying
Before you buy a baby monitor unit, you need to consider if it comes with several cameras that can serve multiple rooms at a go. Other factors you need to look at are the audio quality, which ensures that you capture every little sound in your child’s room.You should also consider the screen size to establish how much content can be obtained on the screen. Check to see also if the monitor has screen resolution properties, and video recording capabilities. Just continue reading for more details.
- Range: You should find out the range that your baby monitor can cover before you purchase. There are those that cover up to 900 feet, which means that you can run errands away from your house at such a distance and still monitor your child through the portable device.
- Video and Audio Monitoring: Some baby monitors in the market will allow you to talk to your child on the screen, but others do not have that feature. However, most of them have video functionality.
- Battery life: Most of the baby monitors will last for more than two hours when they are fully charged and also come with power saving mode, which allows them to keep running even when the battery is about to die.
- Display: You should check the quality of your screen on both the video-streaming smartphone apps and handheld viewers.
- Functionality: Setting up an electronic gadget may be such a breeze for some, and a technological nightmare for others. Keep in mind that the easiest to utilize and get them functioning are the conventional baby video monitors that don’t utilize Wi-Fi.
- Features: You should test all built-in features like motion and sound detection, pan and zoom, temperature, sleep timers as well as humidity sensors.
- Setup: You should also consider ease of installation and setup including whether an account is required to be created and also whether there are any extra subscription fees needed.
- Help & Support: Remember to check the longevity of warranty of each baby video monitor. The majority of the products we reviewed features a one-year limited warranty on parts and labor.
5 Best Baby Monitors to Buy
There are many models of baby monitors, all promising to give you quality service. To make the process of selection easier for you, we have compiled a list of Best Baby Monitors to Buy.
The DXR-8 Video Monitor is the first baby monitor featuring interchangeable lens technology. Your baby’s video is streamed real-time to an incredibly slim 3.5 inch LCD color display offering a crystal clear image without pixelated or grainy textures.
Durable battery provides reliable charge: six hours with the bright display screen constantly on and ten hours in power-saving mode.
Installing this video baby monitor is just but a breeze! You just need to plug it and play since there is no setup needed. As opposed to internet cameras, the secure and innovative 2.4GHz FHSS wireless transmission offers 100 percent digital privacy with audio playback and delay-free video.
- Features interchangeable optical lens capability.
- Boasts large sized 3.5 inches full-color LCD display.
- Tilt, digital zoom, and remote pan.
- Extended battery life of as much as10 hours on power-saving mode.
- With one Optical Zoom Lens included.
- Wide Angle Lens is sold separately.
This baby monitor comes with super clear video sound that allows you to capture every little sound that your baby might make while you are away.
At night, the vision is clear and shows in black and white. Using the 2.4GHZ wireless technology, the monitor does not drop out, and this ensures that there are no chances of you missing a moment.
The battery has a large capacity and still performs at its maximum even when it is in power-saving mode. It comes with expandable cameras that can plug up to 4 units.
This allows you to take care of different children in different rooms at the same time. It also has temperature control features and some lullabies playing in the background.
- Has a sound activated led indicator which warns you when your baby cries.
- The 2X digital zoom makes the view clearer even from a distance.
- The power saving mode keeps your unit running for a long time.
- The monitor only provides black and white viewing.
- It is limited for operation to a distance of up to 90ft.
The installation of the monitor and use is not complicated. All you have to do is plug and press the button at the back to connect it automatically.
The battery lasts long, and the charging system provides limitless possibilities for the life of the monitor. When fully charged, it can operate continuously for more than two hours at a 50% extra vox mode.
This mode also makes it possible to switch the monitor’s sensitivity to high, medium, or low levels. Installation of the screen is quite easy as it can stand on a table, be mounted on the wall using a hanger, or on the ceiling as you would wish.
- Can also be used to keep track of the aged, pets and the disabled.
- It’s screen is made in such a way that you can see and talk to your baby from anywhere.
- Has to be connected to power all through for it to work.
The monitor has a 5″ flat screen that gives you space to monitor what is happening, as you can zoom it to the desired size. It comes with LCD video display, and at night it automatically switches to black and white vision. The technology behind the device ensures that you have both privacy and security when using it.
Once it is fully charged, it can last up to six hours. The unit can be connected to three additional cameras so that you can monitor additional rooms at a go. The design of the monitor allows for mounting on the wall or placing on a table top.
- It’s monitor can cover a range of as much as 600ft.
- It allows for the adjustment of brightness and volume.
- It’s sound is activated with LED lights.
- Has power saving mode.
- The automatic night vision adjusts itself accordingly at night.
- Slightly expensive.
The motorola video baby monitor uses the 2.4GHZ wireless technology that allows for two-way communication. The 3.5″ LCD screen monitor shows you what is happening in real time and captures all the sounds your baby makes while in his room.
The unit also indicates the sound levels so that you have the correct picture of what is happening. The monitor covers a range of up to 590ft, and when it gets out of range, it sounds an alarm, keeping you at a distance where you can hear your baby’s sounds.
The battery can last up to 5 hours and gives an alert when it is running low so that it does not run out of power without your notice.
- It’s monitor displays the room temperature.
- Features infrared light control at night.
- Covers a range of up to 590ft.
- Boasts polyphonic lullabies to soothe your little one to sleep.
- This monitor uses the 2.4GHZ wireless technology.
- It’s battery can last up to 5 hours.
- Lack sound control features.
- Since you cannot always be with your child while they sleep, you might sometimes wonder what happens in their room when the lights go out. To deal with the curiosity and give you the assurance that your baby is safe, you may consider installing one of our reviewed video monitors to observe what happens.
- The baby monitors reduce the anxiety that comes with not knowing what is happening while you are away from your baby as they sleep. The portable types let you attend to other things away from the house while you keep watch over your child. The good thing is that technology has come up with many home-security cameras that come packed with several great features, such that you would even be spoilt for choice if you were to go shopping for one today.